Don’t Give up!

I understand it was discourage to any injured worker have to go to see the IM for further treatment (like asking devil give you mercy).

Do not discourage!

Get on line do research for fact information, that are related to and support your condition and treatments that recommended by specialists from the: well-known, including: clinics, orthopedists, pain management M.Ds., Rheumatoid Arthritis M.Ds., and condition without treatment/subsequently will cause what outcomes. In additional, FCE by your PCP and national vocational expert testified regarding your condition that related to your customary work for future suitable/gainful employment possibility without treatment and rehabilitate. Get several recommendations for each type (at least three).

Be patient!!!

I also injured twice at work, in 98 and 99. Employer/Adjuster Stop all responsibility for TTD, Tx., Rehab., PCP, Medical Supply, Etc… that pertaining to HWCL for injured workers! Determination of my part, HWCL rule and regulation, and Labor appeals Board Chairman and their team members, judges in the higher court, and information that search online that give these abide lawmakers and me the ammunition to beat any IME and irresponsible Employer/Adjuster.

In the end, the judgments always give the same decision (“The undersigned affords great weight to the opinions of the treating and/or examining mental health care providers to the extent their opinions are consistent with the medical and other evidence as a whole”).

Furthermore, (“Limited weight is afforded to the opinion of the Agency medical consultant, who reviewed the record at the reconsideration level. The Agency medical consultant made a determination without benefit of actual observation of the claimant, substantial medical records submitted after such determination was made, and the hearing testimony. After careful consideration, the undersigned finds more persuasive the collective



DISCLAIMER: This article is intended to provide guidance on some of the legal entitlements under the WC process (by no means exhaustive) and should not be used as legal advice on the handling of a workers compensation claim.  Contact the State of Hawai’i, Department of Labor and Industrial Relations, Disability Compensation Division, or the Labor and Industrial Appeals Board, or the union, or retain an attorney for legal advice, as appropriate, because each claim is different.  This website is intended for educational and informational purposes only.  We expressly disclaim any responsibility for actions taken or not taken based on information on this website.  The information is provided “as is” without warranties of any kind, either express or implied.  The content is general and may not reflect current developments and is subject to change without notice.

Work Comp FAQs

  • How do I file a Work Comp claim? +

    The Basics If you believe you were injured at work or suffer from an illness Read More
  • Workers' Compensation for Employees +

    WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR WC BENEFITS? Most employees who suffer from any injury or illness, Read More
  • What are my benefits? +

    What does workers' compensation pay for? Workers' compensation includes medical benefits; wage loss replacement benefits Read More
  • Know your rights! +

    Worker's Compensation, sometimes referred to as "Workman's Compensation" or "Worker's Comp", is the name given Read More
  • What should I do if injured at work? +

    If you are injured at work, immediately report the accident to your employer and seek Read More
  • Who is required to provide Work Comp coverage? +

    Any employer, other than those excluded below, having one or more employees, full-time or part-time, Read More
  • From whom can I obtain medical treatment? +

    You may obtain medical treatment from a physician of your choice. However, you may be Read More
  • What types of Worker Compensation is available in Hawaii for injured workers +

    Here's a list of the various types of Worker Compensation available to Hawaii's injured workers; TTD, Read More
  • 1